Mimu Group Pty Ltd ("Mimu", "we", "our" or "us") is committed to the protection of personal information collected about our customers within the scope of applicable privacy law. We abide by the Australian Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”) and Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
You must be over the age of 18 years to use the Sites. Any products or services available on the Sites will not be provided to anyone under 18 years of age. If we discover we have unknowingly collected personal information from a person under 18 years of age, the information will be deleted immediately or passed on to the relevant authorities if required by law.
What Personal Information We Collect About You
Personal information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act and includes information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to providing the product, service or information you have requested from us. The type of personal information that we collect about you depends on the type of dealings with us.
In general, you can assume that we may collect the following personal information about you:
• email address
• telephone number and other contact details; and
• payment information such as credit or debit card details.
Who We Collect Personal Information About
During the course of our business, we ordinarily collect personal information about the following people:
Patrons: users who request products available on the Sites.
Venues: users who supply products on the Sites.
Why we Collect and Use Personal Information?
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, or where authorised or required by law.
We Will Collect Information for the Following Purposes to:
• establish and maintain your relationship with us, including in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law, such as to government authorities and agencies) and providing you with information necessary to allow you to remain in contact with us;
• provide to our Venues who will be supplying the products you have ordered or purchased and keep a record of them;
• provide the information to our financial institution and to our bill payment systems provider for the purposes of payment to us for your purchase;answer any inquiry you make;
• register you for events or promotions;conduct and improve our businesses and improve the customer experience;assist us to make our services more valuable or useful to you;
• provide you with updates;identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you;
• optimise our products and services including our web pages for your computer (e.g., the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider).
• use for internal purposes, including but not limited to improving the content of our sites. We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways where permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
When we collect your information, we will give you the ability to indicate that you do not want us to use your personal information for disclosed secondary purposes. At any time, you may notify us of your preference on this issue by contacting our privacy officer by email or at the address detailed below. Please allow a reasonable time for your preference to be implemented.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
The types of personal information collected and held by us will vary depending on your dealings with us. This information may include but is not limited to any or all of the following:
• name, address(es), telephone number(s) and other contact details;
• associated company name(s), position, occupation and other business details;
• electronic address(es);credit card details (see Security Policy below);
• transaction details relating to your purchase of services;details of your purchasing preferences and any other details which may be requested;
• your date of birth and proof of age (to comply with the Age Restrictions);
• automatic data collection of your unique device identifier, device information, device type, hardware model, operating system version, mobile network information, web request, IP address;
• log information, details of how you used our service, such as your search queries and Internet protocol address;device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware setting, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL;
• location information (to determine which merchant we should send your order to);
• tracking information such as order history, purchase history, delivery location history and click tracking; and
• documentation required for us to provide you with our services.
We will not collect sensitive information from you or any third party.
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to complete a transaction you have entered into, finalise payment of products you have ordered, validate your entry in a promotion, or otherwise provide you with the services or benefits you have requested.
How We Collect Information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, such as:
We collect personal information:
• through our business partners who may partner with us for promotional activities;
• through third parties who supply products and services to and for us and our business partners;
• through the merchants who supply and deliver the products to you.
Sharing of Your Personal Information
We will also share your information with our financial institution and our bill payment systems provider Braintree to process the payment to us for your purchase of the products and services listed on our Sites. Any information we collect in relation to your credit card is not kept by us after we use it and share that information with our financial institution and or bill payment systems provider. We direct you to Braintree for you to view their privacy statement.
We may also disclose personal information where:
• required by law or for inspection to ensure compliance with mandatory professional
• reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency;
• external service providers for the purposes of legal advice, consultancy, outsourced
• administration, issuing statements or handling mail;
• permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties who work with us in our business to provide, promote or improve the products or services you have requested or are interested in, such as other merchants, redemption partners, manufacturers and suppliers, service providers, couriers and delivery contractors, marketing consultants and promotions companies, website hosts, and consultants and professional advisers.
We may share your personal information to identify you as our client.
We may use and share personally identifiable information in aggregate form to improve our services including the range of products available on the Sites, the Sites and make them more responsive to the needs of our customers. This statistical compilation and analysis of information may also be used by Tipple or provided to others as a summary report for marketing, advertising, financing or research purposes.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners, merchants, prospective merchants, financiers and prospective buyers. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Sites or demographic spread of our clients.
Where we have your express or implied consent, or where we are otherwise permitted by law to do so, we may also use and disclose your personal information to send updates, other relevant information and direct marketing to you from us, merchants, corporate partners or third party companies, organisations or individuals.
The direct marketing may relate to our services, the products and services of merchants, the products and services of the corporate partners or third parties or to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
If you do not want to receive direct marketing, you can ask us not to contact you and not to disclose your information to others for that purpose, by contacting our Privacy Officer by email or at the address detailed below without charge. We will respect your request to decline to receive these marketing communications.
Quality of Information
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
If you believe that the information we hold is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
If we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
How We Store and Protect Personal Information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
While we do our best to protect personal information and the privacy of users of our Sites, the Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information so we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you disclose and you disclose that information at your own risk. We use secure socket layer technology (SSL) to encrypt credit card information so that they are securely transmitted and processed but we cannot and do not accept responsibility for the security of that information t, or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of any unauthorised access to or disclosure of information supplied by you over the Internet.
How You Can Access Your Personal Information?
You have a right to request access to, or the correction of, your personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions allowed by law. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
In most cases, we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable time (but not more than 30 days) after the request is made.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system), risk the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical.
Website and Cookies
You can learn more about cookies from www.allaboutcookies.org.
Information is also generated whenever a page is accessed on any of our Sites that records information such as the time, date and specific page. We collect such information for statistical and maintenance purposes that enables us to continually evaluate our website performance.
This does not normally contain any personal information.
If you are using a mobile device to access our website, our website uses the anonymous identifier to track user traffic patterns. The anonymous identifier is a random string of characters that is used for the same purposes as a cookie on platforms, including certain mobile devices, where cookie technology is not available.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your experience with our Sites and the overall quality of our services.
How to Contact Us or Make a Complaint?
In your complaint, please set out the details of your complaint and your contact details. Our Privacy Officer will contact you to acknowledge your request and ask for any other applicable information. Our Privacy Officer will then investigate the issue and advise you in writing of the outcome.
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information. Complaints will be investigated by the Privacy Officer and a response will be provided within 30 days.
If you wish to you can complain about interferences with your privacy to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Their contact details are:
Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: 02 9284 9666